Thursday, May 30, 2013

Time Will Pass

I am sure that you are not new to the quote, "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to get there, the time will pass anyway". I have always loved this quote, but it has been at the forefront of my mind a lot this week. I would like to start off by saying that I am extremely proud of myself and how far I have come, but sometimes it is easy to get discouraged when I think about how far I have left to go. I have been trying to force myself to think about the last year, and how quickly it has gone. If I had stuck with the weight loss journey that I started last January I would already be at my goal. 2012 went by so fast, and I know that 2013 will do the same. Christmas is going to come wether I lose weight or not. The only difference is, If I stick with what I am doing, I will be at my goal weight by that time. Christmas seems like a lifetime from now, but at the same time it feels like it was just Christmas last week. I know that I will be at my goal weight before I know it, but my journey will not stop there. My decision to lose weight has to be a lifetime change. Of course I will be able to add more calories when I get there, but I am still going to have to eat well and exercise regularly in order to maintain my weight.

With that being said, tonight was not a good night in regards to my workout. I know that is bound to happen every once and a while, but I really struggled through tonight. For some reason after about only 15 minutes on the elliptical my legs felt like I have been climbing stairs for an hour. My legs got so worn out very quickly. I ended up having to take my resistance down to 5 and I was only able to reach 4.8 miles in the hour. I am not sure what I have done to make my legs so sore, but I am sure that I will be back to my normal 5+ miles by Saturday. I think the key is to not focus on the workout that I had tonight, and just move on to the next one. So that is what I intend to do. Don't dwell in the past, because you might miss something great in your future!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment