Thursday, May 9, 2013

Special Day

As you can tell by the title of today's post, today is a very special day. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 4 amazing years today. I haven't given a whole lot of detail about my private life, so I will tell you just a little bit about us. Brandon and I have been together since we were 16 years old, so we have been together just under 9 1/2 years. He started going to the church that I had attended since I was born when we were about 13. We absolutely HATED each other. We fought all the time, in fact we fought so much that our youth pastor pulled us aside right before we left for a weekend trip to tell us that he didn't want any arguing from us at all and he made us hug and make up. Its a good thing he did because we actually started to become friends on that trip. He asked me out 3 months later, and we haven't looked back since. Brandon and I have grown up together, we have also gained weight together. He is one of my main motivations for losing weight. I want to be around to enjoy my time with him and vice versa. I want to be able to run around with our children, when we have them. He loves me no matter what, but I am sure that he will enjoy having a thinner wife, whether he admits it or not. Although today is our anniversary, we decided to celebrate tomorrow night. He has to work tonight, and tonight was an elliptical night for me so I don't get home until 7:00. You didn't think I would skip my run because of my anniversary did you? I'll be honest, I had decided to only run 30 minutes tonight so that I could get home a little earlier and spend some time with him before he clocked in. As it turns out though, he was at a golf tournament that went over schedule, so I got to do my whole hour. I am so glad that I did too because I got my fastest time since doing an hour long work out. Not only did I get my fastest time, I raised my resistance from 5 to 7 so I am very happy about that. I know it might be confusing when I say that I hit my fastest time because an hour is always an hour. What I mean is, usually I am able to run 4.5 miles in an hour. Today I ran 4.75 miles in an hour, which means I beat my last time by a little over 3 minutes. I hope that makes sense. I am really happy with my workouts this week, and I am excited to weigh on Saturday. I hope that you will come back and check out the weigh in. In the mean time enjoy some pictures in honor of our anniversary. The first is when we first  started dating (age 16) and the second is from our wedding.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment