Thursday, May 16, 2013

Figuring it Out

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about how I was feeling like there just were not enough hours in the day. After almost two months of this, I think I am figuring it out. I was always feeling overwhelmed because I felt like keeping my house in order was falling to the wayside because of my workouts. I am very particular about how our home looks, so this was definitely an issue for me. I was working out every day after work, and still having to cook, shower, and pick up the house. If I had any errand to run at all my whole night was thrown off. For the past two weeks I have moved my swimming workouts (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) to in the mornings before work. I am not a morning person by any means, but to do this I only have to wake up one hour earlier than normal. I am able to complete my workout, come home, shower and still make it to work on time. This has helped me tremendously, because now I have three nights a week to get things done. If something comes up after work, I don't have to skip a workout to take care of it. My house is looking much better these days. Now if I could only completely catch up on our laundry we would be in business! I know morning workouts are not for everyone, but there is something so satisfying about getting your workout out of the way. There are most certainly days that I have to psych myself up to get out of bed and go, but I always feel so much more alert and energized afterwards. On Wednesday this week, my alarm went off at 6:00 letting me know it was time for my workout. I was not having it, so without even thinking I grabbed my phone and reset my alarm for 7:00. I laid there for about 10 seconds and realized that I was not going to sleep for the next hour, if I had stayed in bed I would have laid there for an hour and fought with myself about not going. I decided that I would rather workout for 45 minutes than to lay in turmoil for an hour. I think I made a good call.

Today's workout went really well. I kept my resistance at 8 once again and I was actually able to reach 5.12 miles in my hour. I plan on raising my resistance to 9 on Saturday, so let's see if I can raise my distance as well. Saturday will also be my official weigh in and measurements. I am so excited to get on the scale and see where I am at. No matter what the scale says, I feel great! I hope that you will come back and check on my progress!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment