Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Your Hair Looks Nice

I am at a stage in my weight loss that is inevitable. That would be the stage when people realize that something looks different about you but they can't quite figure it out. My weight loss is evident enough that people realize that something has changed but not evident enough for them to guess the real reason. So this week I have been getting lots of different compliments from people who just can't quite hit the nail on the head. I have gotten, "That outfit looks good on you", "Your makeup looks good today", and the one that I have gotten the most "Your hair looks nice." I am normally very awkward when I receive compliments, especially about how I look. I have been over weight for a couple of years, so I am not used to receiving them. I normally get red in the face and just brush off the compliment. This week however, when someone has given me a compliment I have just smiled and said thank you. Part of me just wants to yell, "I've lost weight, thats what's different!", but I know that is not necessary. If I give myself another month or so, people will be able to tell exactly what is different about me.

I have tried something new on the days that I run on the elliptical, and I think it has been beneficial. I have started catching up on my shows on Netflix while I run. I love to listen to music to get me going for a workout as much as the next person, but I find myself constantly looking at the time I have left to go. When I am watching a show when I run, I get engrossed in the show, and I just kind of forget about the time. I do find myself going just a little bit slower, because the music really helps my pace. So this week I am going to work on speeding up my pace, but I think that I am going to stick with the Netflix approach. I always want to find new ways to make my workouts enjoyable, and this definitely seems to be working.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment