Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Crazy Weekend

Ever have one of those weekends, when you think you might actually prefer to be at work? Well, that was my memorial day weekend. As I have mentioned in what feels like my last 500 posts, we are painting the house. We had a huge fiasco with the second can of paint not matching the first can of paint that we bought. Lowes gave us a free 5 gallon bucket of paint to make up for the mistake, the only problem was that the 5 gallon bucket that they gave us did not match either of the colors from the first two cans. So we ended up having to start from scratch and re-do EVERYTHING that we had already done. I had 2 days to re-do what had already taken me a week, because we had painters coming to do our stairwell on Monday. After 8+ hours of painting on Saturday, and another 8+ hours of painting on Sunday, I finished everything that needed to be done prior to the painters coming. Only one tiny little problem, the painters did not show up on Monday!! Frustrating to say the least. This weekend was one of those times that missing my gym workout was completely unavoidable. However, my body is assuring me that well over 16 hours of painting was plenty of workout. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, the painter called me today and evidently there was a mix up with the schedule. They came and did a beautiful job on the stairwell, and charged us less than we were expecting ( I am assuming because of the mix up.) I just recently watched the movie Silver Linings Playbook, so I like the think that the silver lining in all of this is that we love the incorrect color of the 5 gallon bucket much more than the color that we originally picked. Always look for something positive! My goal for today was to put everything having to do with the house in the back of my mind, and just focus back on my workout schedule. Missing 3 days in the gym was starting to make me antsy. I have never enjoyed an hour on the elliptical so much in my life, as I did today. It was so good to be focusing on myself again. I cannot explain how good I feel after a nice long workout. It is so much better than any feeling that I ever got from food. I cannot wait to start my day in the pool tomorrow, and start chasing that feeling again. I guess I have officially become a workout junkie, who would have ever thought? Not me!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you have come so far. I have to admit that I can't always really appreciate some of the description of numbers on the elliptical. I've never used one, so it is hard for me to always understand. But tonight I was bragging to one of our friends that you were running an hour on the elliptical. Robert responded, "Wow, I am running 15 minutes on the elliptical and it is all I can do." It just made me realize how far you have come and how much you have accomplished. It's not just the pounds lost. You are reaching goals every week. That is awesome, and I am so very proud of you. - Mom

    ReplyDelete