Saturday, May 4, 2013

Did you ever think you would hear me say that?

If I am being completely honest with you I should tell you that one of the main reasons that I started this blog was accountability. There were other reasons as well such as documenting the process, and having somewhere to spill out what is on my mind during the process. Accountability was definitely at the top of the list though. I knew that if I had even just a couple of people reading my blog, that I would feel an obligation to workout so that I could post three times a week. It has worked too, I have not missed a single workout on a blog day. I have had to move 2 Saturday posts to Sunday because of busy days, but I have not missed one. I am going to be real and admit that there have been a couple of days that if I didn't have to get a post up, I wouldn't have gone. I don't want to let anyone down, and that keeps me going. I was going to have to postpone my workout today until tomorrow because we had a ton of errands to run. We had run all of our errands and also enjoyed a delicious lunch at Cheddar's. We had originally planned on going to see Iron Man 3 with some friends, and we decided to go anyway even though they backed out. We got to the theater and saw how packed it was. Brandon asked me if the show was sold out if I wanted to wait around town for the next showing or just go home. I answered without a second thought, "I want to go home because I really want to get a work out in." Brandon smiled at me and I said "Did you ever think you would hear me say that?" He said no and laughed it off, but it really got me to thinking. I had absolutely no obligation to my blog to go to the gym today. I had already planned to postpone my post until tomorrow, and no one would have thought any differently since I have done that a couple of times. I genuinely just really wanted to get a workout in. Well, it turns out that there were no tickets left so we went home. I got my workout clothes on and went and did my hour on the elliptical. I usually take Sundays as my rest day, but I am planning on making a trip to the gym tomorrow as well. Not because I have to, but because I want to.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment