Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Busy.

I think I mentioned in my last post, that we are painting our whole house. As you can imagine this is quite a task, especially with each room requiring two coats. Did I also mention that we are painting all of the trim as well? Well, we are. As I also mentioned in past posts, I am very particular about how our home is kept. So, having all of the furniture from the living room in the center of the room and in the kitchen is driving me insane. Because of this I am working as hard as I possibly can to get this painting done, while still doing a great job of course! So here is a little snapshot of what my day looked like. I got to work at 8:30, worked until 5:00, went to the gym, ran for an hour on the elliptical, came home, and painted until 8:45. Needless to say, I am worn out, but we are that much closer to having the house back in order. I decided that even though I had so much to do, I was going to be running for an hour regardless so I might as well give it my all. I put my incline and resistance both at 10, and I was able to run 5.45 miles in that time. Meaning that I beat my distance by just under a quarter of a mile! In other news I got asked by two customers today how much weight I have lost, which means that my body has changed enough that people who don't see me on a daily basis are noticing. This is a new exciting step in my weight loss, and I am looking forward to more of it!

I found out today when I was doing my hour on the elliptical that the machines at my gym have a resistance and incline that goes higher than 10. I always assumed that 10 was the highest that they went, but I noticed that the girl next to me today had her incline at 15 and her resistance at 13. Now this is a really bad habit of mine. Because I am so competitive I constantly find myself glancing over to the machine next to me to see if my incline and resistance are higher than theirs. I have been trying really hard not to do this, but for once I am glad that I did. I was starting to feel like my workout was going to stop challenging me since I had reached the peak of the machine. Turns out, I still have enough room to move up to keep myself challenged for several weeks! I have definitely learned through many failed weight loss journeys that keeping your body challenged is a key to continued success. Let's keep the ball rolling!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment