Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'm Not Hungry!

I have not really talked about the diet part of my weight loss plan. That's because I have been figuring it out, and now I feel like I've got it down. I have been using the MyFitnessPal app to make sure that I am staying to my calories. I am allowed 1230 calories per day, which is honestly less than half of what I was eating before. For the first week I felt so hungry. Nothing filled me up. I was still trying to eat foods that I was eating before, only in smaller portions. After being miserable for about 5 days I decided to start trying healthier options so that I could have larger portions. This helped a lot. I am not going to lie and say that I felt full or even completely satisfied every day, but it was much more manageable. My body was learning a very difficult lesson, and that is that feeling full does not mean feeling so stuffed that you feel sick. Being full means that you have satisfied your hunger. Well, after 11 days of being on this journey I think my body has finally figured it out. I am not feeling hungry anymore. Today I felt completely satisfied from a lunch that was only 321 calories. I have been avoiding restaurants when possible, but I try not to freak out when faced by one. We were invited to a restaurant Saturday night that I was not familiar with. They didn't have an online menu, so I could not plan ahead of time. It was a burger place and they had no salad options. I started to panic a little, but then I found the kid's menu. They had a grilled chicken sandwich. It did come with fries but because of the portion size I was able to stay at 430 calories for the whole meal. Not too shabby. My point is, no matter where you go you can control your calories. If you can't control the actual food, you can control your portions. The good news is that after a few weeks, those smaller portions will satisfy you. I promise! If I can leave Easter dinner with my southern family with only 503 calories and not feeling deprived, you can do it too!

Now, I wish that I could be as positive about today's interval, but I promised you good, bad, and ugly. The truth is, today was ugly. The whole workout just sucked. I stretched before I ran, but my shins gave me a lot of trouble this time. My time was actually slower because the minute of running wore me down so badly that my walking was really slow. My total time was 15:22 with 5 minutes running and 10 minutes 22 seconds walking. This one just kicked my butt, but I guess that is the point, right? I am trying to push myself here. Each interval is going to challenge me, and today was definitely a challenge. Hopefully as the week goes on, this interval will get easier for me. If it doesn't, I will repeat it. I am not going to move on to the next interval until I feel that I have succeeded this one. Sorry the end of this has been kind of depressing, but I knew that there would be ups and downs to this. I promised you real, so you are getting real. I hope to give you a better update on Thursday!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you Babe. I honestly didn't think this would last much longer than a week, but you have stuck with it. I think if you continue to hold yourself accountable by whatever means help you do so you can tackle anything. I promise not to buy anymore banana nut chocolate chip cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete