Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I did it!

If you read my blog on Sunday, then you will know that today I decided to bump my elliptical time up to 1 hour. I am here to report that I was successful! Never in a million years did I ever think that I could survive a whole hour on the elliptical. I remember previous weight loss journeys that I had started, and not even being able to make it to 15 minutes. This is a huge deal for me because in my mind this means that I am actually starting to become fit. I always remember watching other people on the elliptical going for an hour when I was dying at ten minutes and thinking, "Wow! They must be in really good shape!". Now, however many weight loss attempts later, I am one of those people! Am I where I need to be? Not by a long shot, but I am a heck of a lot closer than I was when I started. I wore a shirt to work today that I haven't worn in a while. It was already a baggy shirt (as most of my clothes tend to be) but today, it was literally falling off of me!  Also, one of my best friends at work told me that my pants look big today. These were pants that made me uncomfortable to button not even two months ago. I am not looking at a scale everyday, but who needs to when you are seeing new changes in your body all the time. Every time someone tells me that something looks different about me, or tells me that I'm looking thinner, I know that I am one step closer to my goal.

To make my switch to one hour on the elliptical, I made a few changes so that I knew that I could make it the whole time. During a normal work out on the elliptical I keep my incline at 10 and my resistance somewhere between 7 and 10, depending on how I am feeling that day. I try to push myself to go as fast as a can while still maintaining my speed for the full time. Today, I set my incline at 10 and my resistance at 5, and I slowed my speed up just a tad. I normally try to stick as close to a 12 minute mile as I can, but today I was staying some where between 13:30 and 14:00 per mile. On Thursday I plan on keeping my incline and resistance the same, and focusing on speeding my mile up just a bit. I am so excited to see what is to come in my future work outs. I am looking forward to challenging my body in ways that I never thought possible.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm soo excited that you're seeing results around moods/happiness/health rather than just weight & measurements. On that note, I also haven't had the opportunity to tell you congrats and great job on your weigh-in :)

    You have every right to feel proud of yourself. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete