Sunday, April 28, 2013

It doesn't get much better than this...

I am posting today because we were out of town all day yesterday for a family wedding. We left the house at 5:00 am and did not get home until midnight so it was a long day. It was very special because we got to see Brandon's Aunt who is 52 years old marry her boyfriend of about 30 years. They looked so happy. Needless to say we were exhausted. I had every intention of sleeping very late this morning, but Brandon was wide awake at 6:15 because his body got off schedule since he works nights. I stayed in bed as long as I could but I was up by 8:30, so much for sleeping in. I decided that I should get my work out over with so that I wouldn't dread it for the rest of the day. I ate breakfast and got ready, only to get to the gym and realize that they don't open until 2:00 on Sundays. So I went home, got ready and we decided to go to the grocery store and stock up for the week. We shopped really healthy and just had a great time talking. We got home, had lunch and decided to watch a movie. I am ashamed to say that I have only seen one of the Star Wars movies, and my husband (who is a major geek) was determined to correct this travesty. We cuddled up under a nice warm blanket and watched Episode IV. I was struggling to stay awake during the movie because I was still so tired from yesterday, but I made it. Brandon had to take a nap since he works tonight, and I decided to take one with him. I never take naps but I was really tired, and I will take any excuse to lay down with Brandon since we never get to sleep together. I slept for an hour and a half and woke up feeling so refreshed. I got ready and went for my work out and did really well. I hit 3 miles at 36:25 so that is my best time yet! I came home took a shower, and cooked dinner. We enjoyed our dinner, and watched one of our favorite shows. The reason that I am giving you a play by play of my day is because, it was the best day that I have had in a really long time. Everything about it was just so perfect. I am finding myself having more and more good days. I still have bad ones as you have seen, but the good are definitely out weighing the bad. I have struggled with depression and anxiety in the past, and I know that my poor health was a huge part of that. I look forward to having more and more good days as I continue to get my health back on track.  I plan to take my elliptical time up to 1 hour this week, I know it is going to be an adjustment at first so I am going to pace my speed on Tuesday to make sure I don't run out of gas before I get to an hour. If you had told me 3 months ago that I would be able to run on the elliptical for an hour, I would have laughed at you. That is the amazing thing about this experience. My body is surprising me every day with things that I never thought that I would be capable of doing. So if you are starting a weight loss journey and you are disappointed that you are getting out of breath easily, keep at it! It gets easier! I am sure that you will find soon enough that your body is capable of more than you think.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment