Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Work Out That Frustration

So, today has not been the best day. It is going to sound like I am complaining, well because I am but I promise I have a point that I will get to. I don't know why, but I have just been in a down right bad mood today. I didn't have the best day at work and I can honestly say that today was the first time that I really had to FORCE myself to go to the gym. I was just over today and I wanted to crawl in bed and sleep until tomorrow. I made myself go, and my time wasn't great (3 miles in 44:23) but I was still proud of myself for going at all. I came home knowing that I had to cook dinner, and when I got there I went through my normal routine of putting my things away and feeding our two cats. I walked into the "cat's room" (our half bath that we have devoted to them) and our 2 year old cat Liono had pooped in the floor. I would just like to say that this is not normal for him but we have thrown some changes at them this week, and as anyone who owns cats can tell you, they don't handle change well. I cleaned everything up, and tried to keep my cool. I got dinner started and decided to go upstairs and change out of my gym clothes. When I walked into my bathroom, I found that Space Ghost, out 16 week old kitten had pooped in my bathtub (like I said they don't like change.) This just sent me over the edge. I had already had a crappy day, and then I got home and had to deal with more crap, literally. I all of a sudden really wanted to go to the gym and run! I just wanted to get all my aggression out. I had already had a pretty intense work out for the day so I did the next best thing, and I cleaned. The point is, instead of turning to food to release my aggression my first instinct was to go to the gym instead. This is a really big deal for me. I feel like I am truly conquering my issues with food! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, but today has already brightened up because I jumped a huge hurdle. By the way, I have included an adorable picture of Liono and Space Ghost, just so you can see that they really are sweet!


Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment