Thursday, April 25, 2013

Milestone

Today's post is going to be a short one. As I mentioned in Tuesday's post, I wasn't having the best day and my workout suffered because of it. I knew I had to do better today, so I pushed myself really hard. It paid off because I had my best time yet! I have really been trying hard to get my 3 miles in at under 40 minutes. I have been really close, but today I did that and exceeded it. I actually got a full 3.1 miles (the length of a 5k) at 39:12. I realize that 3.1 miles on the elliptical and 3.1 miles on the ground are very different, but this is still a big deal for me. I think letting yourself be proud of reaching little goals is a very important part of reaching your overall goal. Instead of being disappointed that you have a long way to go, let yourself be excited about losing ten pounds! Sometimes looking at the overall picture can be overwhelming, instead try taking it one step at a time. I have lost ten pounds of my total 75 pound goal, which means  I have already achieved 13% of my total goal. I am learning to love myself, and allowing myself to be proud of my accomplishments is a big part of that. It is important to work on the internal side of losing weight as well as the external. Conquering the internal demons of weight loss is the most important step to keeping the weight off. I have said from the start that this time is different, and I meant it.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. "We do not cease to pray for you.. and to ask that you may be... strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy" Colossians 1:8. Love you - Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete