Sunday, June 16, 2013

What are those??

Something happend this week that really made me smile, so I just had to share it. As I have mentioned before, my husband works nights from home. We very rarely get to sleep in the same bed, except for maybe an hour on the weekends when he comes to bed at 7:00 and I haven't gotten up yet. I had taken the day off of work on Friday, so I treated myself and slept until 8:30. When Brandon came to bed he scooted up behind me and put his arm around me. He sat up really quickly and said, "What is that??" I had no idea what he was talking about, and when I questioned what he meant he lifted up the covers and pointed to my hip bone. I looked at him very confused, and said "that is my hip bone" and he said "I know it is a hip bone, where did  it come from?". We had a good laugh and talked about how he hasn't seen or felt hip bones on me in a very long time. It might sound like such a small thing to anyone else, but it was a big deal to me. Besides myself, Brandon knows my body better than anyone, and to shock him with how my body is changing gives me so much joy. I can't wait for the day when he discovers that I have a flat stomach. A flat stomach seems like a long way away, but when I started this 11 weeks ago so did hip bones. I guess the point to this is to let yourself enjoy the compliments that people give you as your body changes, you earned those compliments! I had a great long weekend, but I did make time to run an hour on the elliptical all three days. Working out has become as much a part of my day as breakfast, and it is a part of my day that I plan on keeping long after I have lost all of my weight.

A small update on the swimsuit situation. Like I said, I did lots of research going into this so I knew pretty much what I wanted. Target did not have the suit in store that I wanted, but I was at least able to determine size so that I could order online. Only one problem, when I went to order the suit was out of stock online as well. That was a bummer, but I ended up finding a pretty similar suit on jcpenney.com, so I have ordered that and I should have it sometime soon. So we will see about posting a picture when the time comes. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment