Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Music to my ears!

I unexpectedly had to go to the doctor today. It was just a minor issue, but I am so glad that I ended up having to go. As my doctor was going over information with me, she stopped and looked at something on her computer and then looked back up at me. She said, "You've lost a lot of weight!", she is always on me about my weight so I was looking forward to when she noticed the change in my weight since my last visit. Then she said the best thing that I have heard in a very long time. She said, "You are officially no longer considered obese, and I am taking that off your chart." She stood up and gave me a high five and told me congratulations. I could really tell that she was proud of me, and it made me feel good to hear her talk about all the medical benefits that dropping this weight would have on my body. My blood pressure was significantly lower this time, and my menstrual cycles are becoming more and more regular so there are two changes that I am already seeing. I feel changes in my overall health every day, but it is nice to see concrete evidence!

I tried a little something new with my workout today, and I really liked it. I have been wanting to try reading my Kindle while on the elliptical for a while now, but I didn't want to workout in silence. I decided to search Pandora for instrumental stations, and found an Instrumental Hip Hop station. I normally do not listen to hip hop in my everyday life, but I like it for working out because it helps me keep my pace. So I put my headphones in and picked my new station and started reading as I ran. I have to say, I have never had an hour go by so quickly on the elliptical. I am a huge reader, and that is one of the things that I miss most due to my new schedule. When I read I get totally engrossed in the story, and today was no different. The hour was up before I knew it, so I am definitely going to be doing that again. I love being able to multi-task and get two things (that I love doing) done at the same time. It helps tremendously with seeing gym time as my "me time". Try it and see if it works for you!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sarah.. Oh my goodness, girl! I haven't checked in on your blog in a bit and let me tell you what.. I cannot believe your before and current pictures! Just wanted to say I am so proud of you for kicking butt and sticking to it! You look amazing already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! I am looking forward to more progress. Thanks for checking out the blog!

      Sarah

      Delete