Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Quick One

Tonight's post is going to be a quick one because if I am going to get up to swim at 6:00 am, then I need to get myself to bed. I just wanted to talk quickly about excuses. Today I had an easy excuse to get out of my workout. Nobody would have thought any less of me since it was a legitimate reason, but I didn't. We had planned to have a cookout at my grandparent's house on Sunday, but due to a ridiculous amount of rain we had to post-pone. They rescheduled for tonight, which is an elliptical night. At first, I contemplated skipping the cookout but my grandparents are 84 so I do not want to miss a single chance that I have to spend with them so that was out of the question. So since I couldn't go after work, I got up at 5:30 this morning and went before work. It was not easy because I am not a morning person, but I got up early enough to get a quick bite to eat and get to the gym. I normally do not eat before I workout in the mornings when I swim, but I knew that the elliptical would take a lot more out of me. I am glad that I did because I am not sure if I would have made it through otherwise. Anyway, the point is just because something comes up doesn't mean you have to skip your workout. Plan ahead and maybe even sacrifice some sleep, but do whatever you can to make it happen. You will feel so much better because of it.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment