Thursday, June 27, 2013

Diet Changes

I am making some changes to my weight loss routine since the weight coming off has started to slow down. I added Insanity to my workouts on Monday, and holy cow I am sore! I am also making some changes to my diet, but I felt like I needed some instruction in that area. Today I went to see a nutritionist. Overall it was a very good experience. I learned that I have been doing pretty well with my diet, but there are a few changes that I need to make.
1. I am not eating enough for breakfast, especially since I work out in the mornings. I have just been eating a piece of fruit in the mornings, but I need to be eating protein and some healthy carbs for breakfast.
2. I am not consuming enough fat. This sounds weird to me, but I need to be eating good fats, such as nuts, avocado and also by cooking with oil. I try to stay away from nuts because of the calories, but my body needs good fats.
3. I am not consuming enough carbs for as much as I am working out. Now this does not mean that I need to go out and gorge on bread. I need to be getting my carbs from the right places. Whole grains, such as oats, brown rice, quinoa and so on.

Other than those three main things, I seem to be pretty on track with my diet. She was a little concerned that I was losing weight too quickly. She said ideally it should take me 2 years to lose 70 lbs. I want to be at my goal weight by Thanksgiving, and I only have 37 more pounds to go, and I am certainly not going to take 2 years to lose 37 lbs so we will agree to disagree there. Like I said overall, I was very pleased with the experience. I will be putting into practice most of what we went over and I will be going back to see her in August to talk about how I have progressed. My next post will be a weigh in, which I am a little nervous about since as of last Saturday I had only lost an additional .2 lbs. I am trying to have reasonable expectations, but I am hoping that at least my measurements are showing some changes! See you then!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment