Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Insanity

I apologize for not posting this weekend, it was incredibly busy. I had tons to do but I still made time for my workouts which is the most important thing. I mentioned in my last post that I had hit my first plateau. This really upset me at first, but I decided to use it as fuel to push me on to the next level. I had intended on starting Insanity when I hit the 45 lb mark which is when I assumed I would be hitting my first plateau. However, seeing as my plateau hit earlier than I expected I started Insanity yesterday. I could not think of a better name for this program because it is truly insane! I thought that I was in decent shape since I workout so often, but about 5 minutes in I was seriously rethinking that. I can understand how people see such good results with this program, and I am looking forward to some great results myself. I am still going to continue swimming and running (either on the elliptical or treadmill) like I have been, which means I will now be doing 2 workouts a day. I will still swim Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, so I will be doing Insanity at night on those days. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will be doing Insanity in the mornings and running in the evenings. On Saturday I will do both workouts in whatever order I feel like. In Insanity you have one rest day every week, so I am going to use Sundays as my rest day, even though I will still be doing a workout of some sort. I know that there will be days that I won't be able to fit in both workouts, but I will be fitting in Insanity no matter what. It is really nice that my gym does not have to be open, so I can really work this particular workout around my schedule. I can't offer a real opinion about Insanity yet, seeing as I am only two days in. I can tell you that I have never sweat so much in my life, so that has to mean something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment