Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A New Normal

I do not care to admit the amount of time that I used to sit in front of the television on any given night. It was an embarrassing amount. The truth is now, not only do I not have time to sit in front of the TV, I don't have the desire to anymore. I used to think that if I cooked dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and got a load of laundry done in a night that I was being productive. We used to eat out a lot, but now that I am watching my calories I almost always cook. Yesterday was Monday meaning that I swam in the morning, so I got home by 5:30 last night. We had eaten by 6:30 and I had to edit the pictures that I had taken this weekend, so my wonderful husband took care of cleaning the kitchen. I finished the pictures by 7:30 and thought about what I wanted to do with the rest of my night. I had no desire whatsoever to just lay around or watch TV. So, instead I ran a load of laundry, I re-organized my closet, I cleaned our bathroom really well, and vacuumed the upstairs. I still had some time left over to read a couple of chapters on my Kindle, which I have to admit I do miss having time to do that. I said all of that to say this, productivity is my new normal. I came home from the gym today and cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen, ran a load of laundry and now I am writing my blog. I will probably get to enjoy some more time reading because I have nothing left to clean. I absolutely love all of the energy that I have now that I am losing weight. The reason that I used to lay around and watch TV all the time was because I always felt so tired and drained. I lacked any kind of motivation whatsoever. I am really liking this new normal.

As for my workout, tonight success did not come without pain. My thighs are surprisingly sore from taking pictures this weekend. Since I had two shoots I was in a squatting position for close to two hours, and my thighs reminded me of that tonight. I made it through though! I also have started doing some pushups and other strength based exercises, and I just have to say my upper body strength is severely lacking! I was unable to do even one normal pushup, so I have been sticking with the girl pushups for now. I think that I will be able to transition to normal pushups by next week. I am glad I introduced strength training when I did, because I need it. My goal is to eventually be able to beat my brother in a pushup contest, and I am looking forward to it!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment