Sunday, July 28, 2013

It Is Time.

For the past week or two everyday when I am getting ready for work, I stand and look in my closet searching for something that will fit me. Let me start off by saying that I am aware that I could have far worse problems on my hands. I have been at the other end of that spectrum with everything being too small instead of too big. That being said, it is still a current frustration in my life. I am no where near done, so I don't want to go out and spend a bunch of money on clothes that won'f fit me in two months.  I did finally have to go out and buy some necessities like jeans, shorts, and work pants, but I was very frugal with what I bought. Anyway, Saturday I was looking in my closet for about five minutes and decided that it was silly that I was leaving so many things taking up room in my closet that I will never be able to wear again. I have clothes that I can make work even if they are baggy, but there are some that are just way too big to even try. So I went on a rampage, and started trying things on and bagging them up. I have to say it is just as emotional trying on and purging clothes that are too big as it is trying on and purging clothes that are too tight. The only difference was, instead of sighing, throwing clothes around and getting depressed about yet another pair of jeans that I couldn't even get past my thighs; I was smiling and laughing when my jeans were falling to the floor as soon as I pulled them up. I did have some difficulty with some items, but that was only because I had paid good money for them and only worn them a couple of times. I felt like I was throwing away money, but then I thought about all the money that I have not spent on fast food in the past five months. I assure that the amount of money that I have saved by cutting food like that out far outweighs the amount of money that I spent on those clothes. Now I can donate these clothes, and hopefully someone can get some good use out of them. With the money that I am saving by not eating fast food on my lunch everyday, I am going to be setting it aside for a new wardrobe when the time comes. That wardrobe will mean so much more to me knowing that I paid for it by cutting out a habit that was slowly killing me. I have sent countless bags of clothes that were too small for me to Goodwill, but I cannot explain the happiness I feel by donating this particular bag. It is like I am handing them all of the weight that I have lost and the burden that has been on my shoulders for far too long. I am getting rid of more than just a bag of clothes, I am getting rid of the old me.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment