Thursday, July 25, 2013

Couch to 5K

Last week I added couch to 5K to my workout regimen, and it has been nice to be running again. It is an eight week program that is supposed to help train you to be able to run a 5K with no walking. I completed Day 1 of Week 2 today which consisted of a 5 minute brisk walk warm up, a minute and a half of running, followed by two minutes of walking alternated until reaching 25 minutes. After finishing that, the workout is completed with a 5 minute brisk walk cool down. I have been having some issues with my shins, but none at all with my knees which is great. I have been icing my shins every night, and I have ordered some compression sleeves to wear on them while running. I have heard great reviews, but I will let you know my opinion after running in them a few times. Saturday will mark the end of my first month of insanity, and next week will be my recovery week. It is a week of lighter exercise to get your body ready for the second month which is what they call Max Interval Training. All of the workouts are intensified in the second month, so I have my work cut out for me. Its hard to believe that I am already almost hallway done with the Insanity program. I have been very pleased, especially after seeing my measurements at my last weigh in. Today's post is a a short one, but that is pretty much all that is going on with the workouts at the moment. Tomorrow is casual Friday at work, so I am excited to bust out my new jeans (size 10!) and enjoy pants that fit for the first time in several weeks!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment