Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fit Test Results

Yesterday was my second Fit Test for Insanity. If you are not familiar with the program, you do a Fit Test on day 1 and then again every two weeks after that. The point is to track your progress and improvement throughout the program. I had been working out heavily for 12 weeks before I started Insanity, so I was really surprised how out of shape I felt on day one. I honestly questioned if I would be able to complete the program. The workout still kicks my butt, and I will be perfectly honest with you, I still have to hit pause to break every now and again. I am going to do a chart similar to how I show my weigh ins to show you the improvements that I have made with insanity. So here are the results so far...


                                                       Day 1                                     Week 2

Switch Kicks                                   58                                             66 


Power Jacks                                   24                                             30


Power Knees                                  53                                             77


Power Jumps                                 9                                               13


Globe Jumps                                 4                                                 8


Suicide Jumps                              7                                                 9


Push Up Jacks                             3                                                 9


Plank Knee Raises                     24                                               35


So as you can see, I improved my numbers in every single category. I was thrilled with those results. I can tell that I have much more stamina during the workouts. In the beginning, I had to break in the warm up alone. Now I can get through the warm up and a significant chunk of each video before having to break. If you have thought about doing Insanity, I would highly recommend it. If you are doing Insanity stick with it! If you do have to break, pause the video instead of just letting it run. It is less than a 45 minute workout, so you don't want to lose that precious time. Just pause the video, catch your breath, massage your muscles and get right back into it! As Sean T would say, dig deeper!   

No comments:

Post a Comment