Saturday, August 3, 2013

Goodbye Shin Splints!

Sorry for the lack of blogging activity this week. The main thing that I wanted to talk about was my new compression sleeves, but in order to give a legitimate opinion I wanted to run in them a couple of times first. At first, I was not so sure. The first time I ran in them I felt like my shins hurt worse than they ever had. However, normally after a run my shins kill me for hours and I have to ice them at night. When I took the compression sleeves off that night, my shins felt fine. I decided to give them another try since my shins felt so much better after my workout the first time. Each time I ran with them I had less and less pain, and zero pain afterwards. I did couch to 5k week 3 - day one today, and I can honestly say that I had ZERO pain in my shins. It is so nice to be able to run without the pain constantly begging me to stop. Now when I run, I can concentrate on running and keeping my breath, and building my stamina. I am finding that there are not many things that can compare to the high you feel after a good run. I feel so much adrenaline and such a sense of productivity when I am finished.

I am still doing Insanity as well. This week is my recovery week, so I am doing the Core Cardio and Balance video all week. I am enjoying the lighter pace this week, but I know that next week starts the Max Interval Training. I am mentally trying to prepare myself for that as I write this. I have been wearing my compression sleeves for my Insanity workouts as well, and I can notice a huge difference during the jumping portions. I could not have picked a better time either, since I have a feeling that the next 30 days of Insanity are going to kick my butt enough as it is! If you have had any issues whatsoever with shin splints, I highly recommend that you order a pair of compression sleeves. Give it a couple of tries before you rule them out. I have included a picture of the particular sleeves that I purchased. I am not affiliated with the company in any way, but their prices were the most reasonable that I found. Check them out if you like!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment