Sunday, August 25, 2013

Belly Fat Blues

I am getting to the point in my weight loss that toning up is becoming my main focus, well that and losing this darn belly fat! I do realize that I have lost several inches in my belly, but that is the area that I seem to be losing the slowest. I have been doing a lot of research this about belly fat, and I have come to the conclusion that the gym alone is not going to do it for me. I currently eat pretty darn well, and I always stay within my calories. However, after much research I have realized that I need to cut the sugar down to practically none, at least until I am happy with my tummy. Let me just say, when I am talking about sugar I am not talking about candy bars and ice cream. I cut that stuff out a long time ago. I do however eat lots of fruit, and I do enjoy a bowl of honey nut cheerios a couple of times per week. I need to cut these things out for now and focus on the types of foods that are going to help me shed the pooch. Those foods are going to be good carbs, protein, and good fats. I stress that "good" before carbs and fats because I still have to choose items that are very low in sugar. I need to be consuming foods that are low on the glycemic index, which would be foods that are rated 55 or less. If you have questions about the glycemic index I urge you to do some research, but I will give you a quick rundown. The glycemic index is ultimately used for people with diabetes. They have to have things that are low in sugar or else they risk spiking their blood sugar. The glycemic index gives each food a number, and if a food has a number of 55 or less that means it is very low in sugar. Like I said this particular diet is intended for people with diabetes, but it is also great for people who are trying to fight belly fat in particular. Trust me when I say that I will not be cutting out fruit for ever, and I probably won't be cutting it out completely even now. I love fruit, and it is very good for you so this is just a temporary thing. I looked through the glycemic index and made a list of breakfast and lunch ideas. I normally take a frozen dinner for lunch, but since I can't control the ingredients that are used in store bought meals, I made my own this week. I cooked up all of my meals for the week tonight and packaged them for each day. I have about a 3 oz serving of protein (mostly chicken), some type of legume (chickpeas or black eyed peas), and a vegetable (green pepper). I am looking forward to my lunches this week, because I know exactly what is inside them. I am really hoping that with this new way of eating along with adding ab focused exercises that I can get rid of this belly fat once and for all!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment