Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's not all rainbows and sunshine.

Remeber when I said that I would post no matter what was going on, good or bad? My posts can't always be positive and peppy, because that is simply not reality. I want to give you a true glimpse into my weightloss journey, and the truth is I have been really down for close to two weeks now. I have mentioned that even though I do my official weigh ins once every three weeks, I usually weigh everyday. I have not really seen the scale budge much at all since my last weigh in and it is REALLY starting to get to me. I have known to expect this, but it is never easy to feel like your hard work is going to waste. I have been on this weightloss journey for 6 months now, and I have never gone over my calories, not even once. I work out 6 days a week, only taking a rest day at the request of my doctor. This wall that I am hitting is not for lack of effort on my part. I hit a small plateau like this a couple of months ago, and I got really depressed then too. I only have 20 more pounds to lose, and I know that I am going to have to fight harder for this 20 than I did for the first 55. I have to find a constructive way to get past this plateau. I have found myself cutting way back on my calories, which are already low considering how much I am working out. That is not the answer! I need to make sure that I am taking in enough calories to lose this weight the right way. I am thinking back to when I hit my last wall and how I got past that. I changed up my workouts and shocked my body. Maybe that is the course of action I should take this time as well. I need to make sure that I am adding in strength training, as a lot of this last bit of weight will come from toning up. Muscle burns fat, and I have to remember that instead of being in fear of bulking up. Have you ever hit a weightloss plateau? What are some suggestions that you have for getting through it? Feel free to leave a comment and give me some suggestions. I will take all the help I can get!
 
Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment