Tuesday, September 3, 2013

3 Milestones in 1 Day!

Milestones are great reminders along a journey that remind you just how close you are to your destination. Losing my first 20 lbs was a milestone for me. Weighing under 200 lbs was a milestone for me as well. It has been a while since I have been able to say that I reached a milestone, but Saturday made up for that because I hit 3 in one day! I do my official weigh ins once every three weeks, but I would be lying if I said that I don't weigh much more often that. I have been getting close to the 50 lb loss mark for a while now, so when I checked my weight on Saturday I was THRILLED to see 167.8 lbs. I skipped 50 lbs and went straight to 52 lbs! To me 50 lbs sounds like such a substantial amount of weight. I was on cloud nine already, and then I realized that because I was at 167 that I was also at the exact same weight that I weighed on my wedding day. Milestone number two! While it is true that I weighed more on my wedding day than I wanted to, I gained the majority of my weight after I got married. By reaching this particular weight I felt very rejuvenated. So again, I was on cloud nine and felt like I could not get much happier. Brandon works nights so he was sleeping during the day on Saturday, so I decided to get out of the house so that he could have some quiet. I needed a pair of capri's pretty badly so I decided to head to JC Penney. I have been in an 8 in dresses for a couple of weeks but I have still been in a 10 in jeans. I grabbed all of the options that I liked in size 10, and headed to the dressing room. They all fit good in the legs, but every single one was just a tad big in the waist. I knew I was setting myself up for disappointment, but I decided to try on an 8 in my favorite pair just to see. I could not believe my eyes when they fit perfectly! I stared in the mirror for a very long time to make sure that I wasn't just seeing what I wanted and not was really there. I even sent a picture to my mom to make sure that they looked like they fit. She agreed, so I officially bought my first pair of size 8 jeans! If you had told me in August of last year that a year from then I would be wearing a size 8 jeans, I would have told you were smoking something. Single digit sizing always seemed like such an unobtainable thing, but here I am! I have included a picture of me on my wedding day side by side with the picture of me in my new size 8 jeans! I am carrying my weight a little differently this time, so even though I look smaller in some places now, I have more belly than I did then. Like I said earlier though, reaching these milestones has given me a new rejuvenation for my weight loss. I am going to kick it up a gear yet again and get this last little bit off!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment