Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm not a bad person...

The title of this post might seem a little confusing, but I promise I have a point. I have never been a big shopper. I am not ashamed to admit that I am cheap. I don't have a problem spending money on other people, in fact I have been known to splurge quite a lot on my husband. I have never been able to spend money on myself though. I have always shopped on the sales racks, and I mostly shop out of necessity. It is rare that I just go out and shop for fun. My family did not have a great deal of money growing up, so this is just how I was raised. With that being said, I have had to do quite a bit of shopping lately because I HAVE NO CLOTHES! None of my clothes fit, and that is a very good thing. I am definitely shopping out of necessity, but I still can't get it out of my head that I am being bad. I have been buying a few things here and there, but no large haul as of yet. Every time I get home, I feel bad for spending money. Keep in mind that my husband is encouraging me to shop, so the guilt is all me. I am not used to spending so much money on myself, so this has definitely been an adjustment. The last couple of times that I have been shopping, I have been eyeing this leather moto jacket. I have tried it on several times, and I kept walking away. I couldn't justify spending $60 on something that I didn't absolutely need. I will need a jacket eventually, but not right now. Well, I went to JC Penney again last night for some necessities, and of course I came back to "the jacket". I ran into some friends while we were there, and they ended up talking me into getting it. As soon as I left the store, I immediately felt like a horrible person. I felt so bad for splurging on myself. I got home and showed Brandon my purchase, and told him I was thinking about taking it back. He had me try it on, and he told me that there was no way he was letting me take it back. I started thinking to myself, why do I feel so much guilt over $60. Do I feel like I am not worth that? I finally told myself that I have worked very hard for the last 6 months, and I deserve that jacket. It is something that I really wanted, and it was not an impulse buy. It was something that I kept coming back to. So, I have decided to treat myself and keep the jacket. I have also decided that I am not a bad person for doing so. I have attached a picture of me in the jacket, so feel free to let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment