Sunday, April 6, 2014

Skinny Banana Cookies

I had been craving something sweet for the past couple of days and I wanted something that I wouldn't feel super guilty about eating. I had some bananas that were on the verge of going bad, and in the interest of not being wasteful I decided to start there. I got on Pinterest and searched recipes for ripe bananas and I cam across this recipe, http:sixsistersstuff.com/2013/05/skinny-banana-cookies.html It looked super easy, healthy, and best of all it only had three ingredients! I had everything on hand except for the chocolate chips so I grabbed some on my grocery store run. I did detour from the recipe a tiny bit by adding a tablespoon of peanut butter. I also increased the recipe by one banana so that I could use mine up. That is why my measurements are a little different. These will definitely be a staple in my house from now on because they were AMAZING! My husband was not a fan of them but hey, that just means more for me! We have some friends that decided to try the recipe as well and they were a huge hit in their household. I hope that if you try these, that you enjoy them as much as I did!

Skinny Banana Cookies
-3 Ripe Bananas
-1 1/2 Cup of Old Fashioned Oats
-1/3 Cup of Chocolate Chips
-1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas thoroughly, add in your peanut butter and stir until combined. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips. Use a spoon to scoop roughly 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls onto a greased cookie sheet. You might want to flatten these just a bit with the back of your spoon because they do not flatten much when baking. Bake for 12-15 minutes and then take them out to cool. After 15-20 minutes you should be able to lift them off the cookie sheet without them falling apart. That is it you are done!

I prefer mine warm, so I heat mine in the microwave for about 10 seconds before I eat them. They taste fine without being nuked as well though. I have included a picture of how mine turned out, next time I will flatten mine a little more. If you attempt these, please let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading, 
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment