Monday, March 24, 2014

No longer a journey...

Well hello there! I hope that you have been doing well, I know I have. We are fresh off of vacation, we went  to the Smoky Mountains and stayed in a cabin with lots of friends. It was a blast! I didn't gain weight while on vacation either so that was a win. Today is an exciting day though! Today marks one year since I started my blog and this weight loss journey! The weight loss part has been over for a little while, and my focus has been on eating healthy and maintaining. Regardless, today marks one year since my life has been on the right track. Today is the day that this is no longer a journey, this is my life. I have logged everything that I have eaten every day for the past year in my fitness pal. Counting calories was the easiest way for me to ensure that I stayed on track. However, it is time to move on from logging my food. I know what choices to make and I know roughly the caloric intake of everything that I eat. I am confident that if I eat the right way that I will be taking in the amount of calories that I need to maintain a healthy weight. I am still going to allow myself splurges in moderation. If I splurge at one meal one day I just have to make sure that I am eating well the rest of the day and the days following. It is not reasonable to think that I will never splurge, because that is just not real life. I am going to keep the my fitness pal app on my phone so that I can look up calories if I am out and want to try something new. I might use it to make sure that a splurge is worth it. It is a very helpful app and it has served me well, but now it will serve me as a reference guide instead of a journal. If I am completely honest, I am a little nervous about this change which reassures me that I am doing the right thing. This app can't be my crutch. I have to be able to do this on my own, even when I don't have a diary to answer to. I can do this!
 
Also, I wanted to let you guys know that I plan to start posting more. I am not going to promise anything, but my goal is to post once a week again. I have had some friends inquiry about me doing some posts about food, which is something that I haven't really done up until this point. So I might be posting a healthy recipe every now and then. I also have been asked to do a post going over what I eat in a day, so I might do a blogpost food log every now and again. I want to keep content coming, so if you have anything that you would be interested in reading please let me know. I told you in my first post of the year that I have some exciting changes coming this year. I still can't go into detail about these changes yet, but I can tell you that the ball is rolling! I look forward to being able to update you as I can!
 
Thanks for reading!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment