Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In black and white

Well Hello there. I may not be updating as frequently but I still want to keep you guys in the loop. I have a couple of things to update on, and one of them is very exciting...well for me at least. I have been wanting to have blood work done now that I have lost weight for a while. The last time I had blood drawn, I had some numbers that were on the very high side of normal. On Tuesday I went and had a full blood workup, and I am SO pleased with the results! Last time my cholesterol was 186. The highest they want you at is 200, so for a 24 (at the time) year old woman, this number was bad. My current cholesterol is 138, so that is a decrease of 48 points! My LDL cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol was 91. For this they want you at 130 or less, and this time my LDL was at 71 so that dropped 20 points. This next one is the one that amazes me so much. Your triglycerides level detects the levels of fat, when this number is high you are much more at risk for diabetes. The highest number they want to see for your triglycerides is 150, and last time I was at 144 so I was scaring that number to death. This time I tested at 62! You read that right, 62! That means my triglycerides level dropped 82 points! I have known that my body is much healthier for a while now because I can feel it, but to see it in black and white is an undescribable feeling. You do not realize just how much food can harm your body until you see something like that. Also a couple of years ago, I had been having stomach trouble so I went in for an ultrasound of my stomach. When they were doing this ultrasound, they found that I had fatty liver disease. I was under the impression that this could never correct itself. That you could stop further damage, but not correct past damage. So on Tuesday when my doctor said I bet your liver looks as good as new, my heart skipped a beat. She told me that your liver can absolutely heal as you lose weight. I didn't go as far as having another ultrasound to confirm this, but all of the bloodwork that had anything to do with my liver came back really low. This is jibberish to me but they test your ALK PHOS to check on your liver, and my number went from 107 to 76 so that is a drop of 31 points. I am now a firm believer that most diseases can be traced back to nutrition. The proof is in the pudding, so to say.
 
The other update that I have is that I have started P90X! I have been doing strength training for about a month now, and I do best when I am following a strict regimine. I liked the T25 program but I just felt like there wasn't enough strength training involved. I have also been doing some kettlebell exercises, which I love! I am only 3 days into P90X, but I love it so far. I finish each workout with ZERO doubt that I have gotten a good workout. I have the sore muscles to prove it! I have actually gained two pounds since I have been doing so much strength training, so I am now at 150 lbs. You would think that a gain would upset me, but I am not upset about this gain at all. I know that I have gained muscle, and that my inches are continuing to go down. I know that the more muscle I add, the more fat I will burn. So I am officially reporting my first gain, but I am happy about it! Let's tone it up!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment