Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weigh In Number 8!

It is good to be back, but we did have an AMAZING vacation. We were a little worried with reports of a hurricane, but we ended up having perfect weather. It was so nice to have 4 days on the beach with nothing scheduled, surrounded by the ones I love. I was spoiled with an amazing view, and I took full advantage of it by getting in LOTS of reading time. I did work out every single day but this time I had a partner! My wonderful mother got up with me at 7:30 every single morning to work out with me. She is so supportive of my weight loss. It was really nice to have that time every day for just the two of us. I only live an hour and a half from my family, but I do not get to see them as much as I like so this trip was a breath of fresh air. I stuck to my calories, and you will be happy to know that I did still lose while on vacation. Now that I have updated you with that, it is time to update you with my weight. At my last weigh in I weighed 165.6, and today I weighed in at 159.2. That is a loss of 6.4 lbs, and that brings me to a total loss of 60.4 lbs. That means that I am only 14.2 lbs away from my overall goal of 145 lbs! If you have paid attention to my last couple of weigh ins, you have probably noticed that my weight loss has slowed down some. That is to be expected at this point, but I am determined to reach my goal before the end of the year. Two and a half months sounds like a very realistic time frame to lose 14 lbs, but since this is the last bit of weight I have to lose it is more difficult. My weight loss has slowed from over 10 lbs a month to right around 5 lbs a month. I am going to have to really up my game if I want to reach my goal before December 31st, and believe me I am determined to. Now for the measurements. I have decided to no longer include my neck measurements since they have not changed in several weeks. I have a long, slim neck as it is and it is obvious that I have no more weight to lose there.


                                Starting                     Last Weigh In                   Current      

Thighs:                       28                            R-21, L-21.5                        B-21

Arms:                        14.5                               B-11.5                            B-11.5

Belly:                          40                                    33                                   31

Waist:                       35.5                                   28                                   27

Chest:                         43                                    37                                   36

Hips:                           44                                    37                                   36

Butt:                           47                                    39                                   38


            Inches This Weigh In: 6.5                   Total Inches: 72

My losses may be slowing down but as long as those pounds and inches are going down, I will be happy. I have tried to show you all the ups and downs of this process. I don't want you to think that because I haven't had a day or a week where I just blew it, that this process has been a walk in the park. Just because I haven't had to post a gain, doesn't mean that I haven't had days when I just wanted to quit. I actually had a couple day pity party when we got back from vacation, and it is the closest that I have come in the past 6 and a half months to quitting. I normally give myself at least 2 days after a vacation to get everything back in order and ease myself back into normal life. However, because of a lack of vacation time I was unable to do that this trip. We drove back on Wednesday and I had to go back to work on Thursday. I tried to get up at 5:30 Thursday morning for my workout and I just could not do it. All day I felt like eating awful food, and I had plenty of opportunities because there is always junk food at work. I made it through the day without blowing my calories, but when I got off I really did not feel like going to the gym. I realized that I forgot the lock to my locker and immediately talked myself out of going. I did do insanity when I got home, but I have never put less effort into a workout. My mind was just not in it. I woke up again at 5:30 on Friday morning for gym time, and I physically could not force myself out of bed to go. I had loss every ounce of my motivation, and I have no idea why. I did not do a workout at all on Friday even though I had already had my rest day for the week. I have no idea where that slump came from, and to be honest with you I still feel like I am clawing my way out of it. I can tell you with assurance though, that I am NOT giving up. I have come too far to give up now. I am just having to keep my eyes on that end, and I am closer now than I ever have been. It gets tough sometimes, but being over weight and miserable is tough too. I am choosing my tough, and I choose to keep going! I hope you will too!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment